6.14.2006

U call this an apeseotomy?

I thought I had found the best job ever. This fantastic job involved greeting customers and checking bags at Guitar Center. The interview was going smashingly with the bald man at the Sheridan (this is a brand new guitar center, so long privetly owned music stores within a 30 mile radius) I had showered and was totally on my A game. He goes over the description and blah blah blah but then says "The pay is $6.00 an hour."

A look of utter abhorrence must have splashed across my face becuase he said "Is this the deal breaker?"

And I tried to back track but then realized this face I had just made probably wasn't going to get me the job anyway. I took this next paragraph as my chance to tell corporate america to go fuck themselves. "You want people to do a good job?" I said. "You want them to take pride in their work? How much pride does a person derive from a position that pays 6.00 bucks an hour? I know I get lots of self worth from being impoverished "

So yeah I don't think I got the job. Even though after 90 days you got shit at cost plus freight. Damn I need a Gibson LP Junior. However, I did get a job with the state of Illinois this gem started at 20,000, yep you heard me 5 grand above the poverty line. I turned that piece of shit down too.

8 Comments:

At 10:05 AM, Blogger 001000101 said...

that poverty line was a rough guess. just so no one throws a statistic...yeah I know where to find em tks.

 
At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang...you should think about relocating. I dated someone that worked at a GC, and he made at least $10 an hour. Only there would retail jobs pay less than $9 an hour. Bet there weren't any benefits either.

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger smart kitty said...

Yeah, that is lower than the minimum wage in California. Of course, where I live one-bedroom apartments are $900. But it's pretty here, and no Guitar Center dickwad says $6 an hour to ya'.

Stick it to the man, clem.

 
At 8:15 PM, Blogger smart kitty said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:08 AM, Blogger marie curie said...

Yo b, that was trite. We thought at least $7 for sure- and that was funny. $6 is an insult to your womanhood.

 
At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's time for a new post.erbjj

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Kuntry Konfession said...

drug dealers makes a plenty

 
At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god, when are we getting a new post?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home